The customer relationship in full view
Developing a contact center application to enhance customer service in the banking sector.
Popular Community Bank
Banco Popular Community Bank needed an application to enable their relationship managers and contact center agents to access information from multiple customer service channels, while working directly with customers. I was brought in to coordinate and lead the design process and development for the Banco Popular’s Call Center CRM Application, focusing on unifying multiple apps and tools into one platform. The end product provided a singular overview of the customer, the full relationship with the bank, and their recent interactions with any of the customer service channels throughout the institution.
The banking industry was an early IT adopter, which has contributed to its legacy of systems that are overly complex, out-of-date, and dependent on increasingly scarce skills. Popular’s older systems were not designed to provide 360-degree customer views or rapid reconfiguration. And, their customer data resided in silos, which were not designed to share or interact. Yet, having this information readily available to the customer service channels was crucial to meet their desired objectives.
Finally, the bank’s contact center used a complex combination of applications and services to respond to customers’ queries and to address their needs. This tedious workflow forced agents to navigate through different applications to access information across multiple windows. A different approach was needed to design a seamless user experience.
Some of the challenges:
- Consolidating the customer information into one easily accessible application.
- Reducing the number of customer interactions needed to resolve an issue.
- Recording the issues that the bank’s customers experience by tracking their interactions.
- Ensuring clear visibility of alerts on the customer accounts to avoid financial fraud.
- Promoting sales opportunities for customers to increase the bank’s revenue.
- Resolving customers’ problems quickly to avoid a negative impact on the bank’s retail banking index (total end customer experience).
The end product provided a singular overview of the customer, their relationship with the bank, and their recent interactions with any of the customer service channels throughout the institution.
The new application incorporated some of the following:
Efficacy and information security
- Single screen overview.
- Customizable dashboard system for viewing, and acting on customer experience data.
- Quick access to vital information while working with
- New alert features to highlight fraudulent activities.
- Clear visibility of authentication activity to minimize fraud.
Accuracy of information
- Ensured the contact center agent could access customer information quickly.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Introduced quick profiling of customers for cross-sell of various banking products.
- Introduced features such as birthday and anniversary alerts to enable the contact center agent to engage with customers when they called on a more personal level.
Average handling time decreased by
First call resolution improved by
More stories coming!
I just started posting my work to Storyboardi.ng a few weeks ago (June 2023), and I still have much to do. You can view some additional work by downloading the PDF below.Case Studies